Re: Some thoughts on XCAP's resource architecture

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> It's manageable from a coding point of view, I'm sure we're all
> excellent coders.  It's not manageable from an ease-of-use, application
> design and GUI point of view, nor does it scale as far.  I really can't
> think how a GUI client/user can possibly manage all the ACLs on all the
> node resources -- the complexity is enormous if it's not scoped down
> somehow, and if it's not scoped down now, then the natural diversity of
> implementations will make it much harder to scope down later.

The difference is that in XCAP, you leave the decision about what
granularity the ACLs will have to the server. It's perfectly ok if the
server chooses to have just one for the whole document. But if it wishes
to support a higher granularity, it can do that as well.

Julian