Re: FYI: draft-nottingham-hdrreg-http-01

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:48:45 -0700
Cc: HTTP working group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Webdav WG <w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org>
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>

Oh, bugger, never mind -- I was looking at the wrong section
of RFC 3864.  Status and provisional are not orthogonal at all.
Why the heck was it written that way?  Oh well...

My suggestion remains though -- either create separate sections
for each status type (so we can see which ones are miscategorized)
or don't make any subsections at all (list all header fields
alphabetically regardless of status).  In any case, this was
obviously a lot of work to prepare, so kudos regardless.

....Roy