Clarification of HTTP Digest authentication

From: Michael Sweet <mike@easysw.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:02:01 -0400
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Hi,

We recently got a bug report concerning the formatting of Digest
authentication parameters in the CUPS HTTP headers.  Specifically,
we currently separate Digest parameters with whitespace, but the
bug report says that we should be using commas.

The ABNF in RFC 2617 does not specify any separator characters
between parameters, but the examples use both commas and spaces.

So, I'd like to know what the "official" position is on this, and
then propose corresponding changes to the RFC to clarify it.

Thanks!