Proxies, how to determine response body length

From: Jan Novy <norff@seznam.cz>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:11:36 +0200 (CEST)
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

After reading RFC2616 I'am not sure how HTTP1.1 proxy server can
determine response body length on client-proxy side connection
when this length was determined by the server closing the connection
on proxy-originserver side connection. I'am not sure that proxy server
can determine it by closing the connection, because for some
particular client-proxy connection proxy can have many persistent
connections (to different origin servers) opened so determining
response body length by closing client-proxy connection would cause
loss of remaining proxy-originserver persistent connections I think.
Thanks for answers j.n.
Dřív zničíš sám sebe! SIEMENS M65 již od 4977 Kč.
http://ad.seznam.cz/clickthru?spotId=75824