Re: FYI: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-http-patch-02.txt

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 12:42, Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> As you point out, not all deltas apply to all formats.  That makes it
> harder for the server to create an empty representation to patch.  How
> would it work for, say, GDIFF?  What kind of file would the server
> create?  Would it be a text/plain file or some other MIME type?

Ultimately, servers are going to have to choose a patch application
method based on the content-type of the PATCH content.  That method will
know what it can patch, and will have to indicate an error should it be
applied inappropriately - empty or non-existent resources are edge cases
that don't need to be discussed at all in the description of PATCH.

--
Scott Lawrence