Re: Submitting errata

From: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 16:55:44 -0700
To: jamie@sharable.org
Cc: Scott Lawrence <scott-http@skrb.org>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org

I think the errata in question is hinted at in

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2004JanMar/0060.html

but it would be nice to write up a summary of how
the spec should actually change, so that we can judge
'consensus' on the proposed text.

Note that Scott Lawrence maintains a HTTP errata page

at    http://purl.org/NET/http-errata

> AFAIK, IETF does not have a formal mechanism for submitting errata.

http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata.html says

   To report suspected errors that are more technical
   in nature, please verify the errors with the authors
   and/or appropriate area directors of the IESG before
   sending them to the RFC Editor for posting.

In this case, though, we got the RFC editor to point to
Scott's page.

Jim Gettys claims that
  draft-gettys-http-v11-spec-rev-00.txt

already includes all of the existing errata, so, once
there is clear agreement, the change could also be
incorporated.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net