Re: OPTIONS *

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 09:10:27 -0700 (MST)
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org, w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Julian Reschke wrote:

> the issue here is that the "OPTIONS *" request in reality get's
> never passed to the various 'modules' inside a server that would
> need to be able to respond it (for instance neither Apache/mod_dav
> nor Tomcat/Webdav servlet set the special "DAV:" response header
> defined for OPTIONS in RFC2518).
>
> Any chance to get that onto the RFC2616 issues list?

In my experience, you need to convince one of the original authors or
anybody Scott Lawrence trusts that a certain change is warranted. If
you succeed, the change will be posted to
http://purl.org/NET/http-errata with a link to the discussion on the
list.

The change does not have to be an "errata" or "issue" with the
protocol itself.

Your best bet is probably to post a specific wording to this list and
wait for a reaction.

Alex.