OPTIONS *

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:08:38 +0100
To: <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Hi,

I'd like to see a clarification about what clients can expect upon OPTIONS
*. In particular, can they expect to find out about *any* method name
supported on that server? I'm asking because this doesn't seem to be the
case for at least two major server bases, being:

- Apache (for instance, additional method names supported by mod_dav aren't
listed) and
- generic Java servlet engines (servlet API does not support delegation of
requests against "*" to all installed web applications).

Regards, Julian