Re: idempotence of POST

From: Dave Oxley <david.oxley@workplace-systems.plc.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:48:04 -0500 (EST)
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg-old/1996SepDec/0059.html

This was a message from '96 that I found with a Google search. Was this
ever implemented and how? If not, is there another way to achieve this?

   a) allow GET to take a body
   b) add a new method, GET-with-body (spelled how you like)
   c) allow the return value of POST to indicate that the request
      can be repeated safely.

Please reply off list as I'm not subscribed. Cheers.
Dave.

http://www.star.net.uk