Re: Chained proxies, persistent connections, authentication

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@packet-pushers.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:50:10 -0600 (MDT)
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

> I don't recall how it was determinted that Proxy1 was forwarding proxy
> authentication headers to Proxy2. Sans a tcp/ip trace or comprehensive

FYI, this is a feature of Squid.  An admin can configure Squid to
forward the Proxy-Authorization header (without consuming it).

I would suggest that in this particular case, since both Squid and
"proxy2" are breaking the rules, the problem is solvable by disabling
server-side persistent connections in Squid.

Duane W.