Re: Basic Authentication

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:50:32 -0600 (MDT)
To: Denero Watz <denero_watz@yahoo.com>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Denero Watz wrote:

>    I am a newbie to HTTP and writing an http client application. I
> need to authenticate to a server which is protected by basic
> authentication. But to connect to the original server I need to
> connect to a proxy which is also protected by basic authentication.

Try using Proxy-Authorization header for proxy authnetication and
Authorization header for the origin server authentication. Please see
RFC 2617 - HTTP Authentication: Basic and Digest Access Authentication
for details: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2617.html

Alex.

--
www.measurement-factory.com | HTTP compliance+ - Co-Advisor test suite