Re: how to close a HTTP/1.1 connection ?

From: Patrick R. McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:34:07 -0400
To: vion@iie.cnam.fr
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

[vion@iie.cnam.fr: Jun 30 07:39]

> So I have decided not to include the connection header item before my job is finished and I would like to know what kind of request I could send to the server with the "connection: close" item.

you can just close the connection when you're done with it. Persistent
connections don't obligate you to send more transactions, they simply
allow you to do so.

side note: the server could always issue a connection close in its
response, or decide to close the connection in between transactions
just like your client can select to do the same thing. Beware of the
race conditions inherent in this latter condition if you are reusing
the connection.