Re: OS problem

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 06:34:28 -0600 (MDT)
To: Sadiq_Js <Sadiq_Js@Satyam.com>
cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Sadiq_Js wrote:

> I am getting HTTP/1.0 response for HTTP/1.1 request from the proxy,
> is that the correct behavior of the Origin Server.

Yes, if the origin server is an HTTP/1.0 server. Note that even
HTTP/1.0 agents may use persistent connections and other HTTP/1.1
features in HTTP/1.0 messages.

Another possibility is that the origin server has trouble
understanding your request or has other reasons to downgrade agent's
advertised version from 1.1 to 1.0 (e.g., discrimination against
assumed-to-be-broken User Agent or even Via info).

www.measurement-factory.com | HTTP compliance+ - Co-Advisor test suite