Re: OS problem

On Wed, 14 May 2003, Sadiq_Js wrote:

> I am getting HTTP/1.0 response for HTTP/1.1 request from the proxy,
> is that the correct behavior of the Origin Server.

Yes, if the origin server is an HTTP/1.0 server. Note that even
HTTP/1.0 agents may use persistent connections and other HTTP/1.1
features in HTTP/1.0 messages.

Another possibility is that the origin server has trouble
understanding your request or has other reasons to downgrade agent's
advertised version from 1.1 to 1.0 (e.g., discrimination against
assumed-to-be-broken User Agent or even Via info).

HTH,

Alex.

--
www.measurement-factory.com | HTTP compliance+ - Co-Advisor test suite