Proxies and Real IP addresses...

From: Remi B. Smith <remibosco@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:02:33 -0500 (EST)
To: <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi, I recently found the following message posted on here, its from 2001:

>hi
>    i m writing a small webserver. i just want to know that when the client connects to the webserver through proxy
>th webserver gets the  proxy ip. is there any way by which i can get the actual client ip.
>
>Ajay

The answers pretty much were all no.  My question is about the same.  Has a way been found around the IP masquerading of proxies?  Would something as simple as a hidden field in a form that contains the IP from the remote computer make it through the proxy?  Or is there a much more complex solution?

Thanks

Remi