Re: TE header

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 09:06:17 -0600 (MDT)
To: Joe Orton <joe@manyfish.co.uk>
cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Joe,

	The MUST clause wording is clearly buggy. The clause should
either be deleted or reworded to specify a different reason.

	FWIW, in our compliance tests, we saw only one HTTP proxy
obeying this MUST and sending
	Connection: close, TE
when forwarding chunked messages. On the other hand, the same proxy
was forwarding TE header passed to it, violating another, far more
important MUST!

Alex.