RE: reminder (was: I-D ACTION:draft-nottingham-hdrreg-http-00.txt)

Hi,

this is only slightly related to the header registry...

RFC2774 (HTTP extension framework) seems to define the concept of extension
headers in custom namespaces (which is a good thing because it makes name
management much easier). HTTP headers which are used without using the HTTP
extension framework (those collected in the registry) all share the same
default namespace (or are in no namespace at all).

I think it would be a good thing if there would be a common definition of
the namespace in which the registered HTTP headers reside, for instance
"urn:ietf:http-headers". This would also simplify mapping of HTTP headers to
WebDAV property names.

Julian