Re: SOAP IANA considerations

Hmm. I don't know if it's good/possible to maintain a registry of
*all* HTTP headers in use. The original intent was to assure
coordination between headers that were standardised (or Recommended,
etc.) by organisations like the IETF, W3C, OASIS, etc. to assure that
there are no collisions, and to clarify the process. Imposing the
requirement for these headers to be a reasonable fit into HTTP isn't
such a bad thing, IMHO.

Vendors, third parties, etc. would have three choices;
  1) meet the requirements by publishing an RFC
  2) use the HTTP Extension framework
  3) take their chances.

These are, of course, exactly the choices that they have today,
except that #1 isn't well-defined.

--
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/