RE: Http Tunneling

Somewhat, however you don't understand tunneling concept to well.

There is a difference between proxying and tunneling:

While acting as a proxy, you send a request to the proxy server, the same as
you whould send to the orgin server. The proxy server can modify/change the
request (even deny it or get it from cache).

A tunnel will establish a connection from you to the other end-point (orgin
server). This tunnel can be established through one one (or more) proxy
server(s), who should not inferfere with the information send through the
tunnel. To you it looks just like a normal TCP connection from you to the
other end-point (actual end server).

Some more background: tunneling was needed to establish a secure channel
between two end-points. The property of a secure channel is that nobody,
except the end-points, can send data over it and optionally cannot read it.
Both is the case with HTTPS.

- Joris