Re: Whatever happenned to HTTP 1.1 Pipelining

     Thankyou for digging that up, but does it
mean that by a server SHOULD or MUST use self-defined message
lengths? This doesn't seem to give the browser author any assurance
that his pipelined requests won't be aborted by a premature connection
close due to a no CONTENT-LENGTH response.

     Seems to me that you only pipeline after you've gotton one
request through a connection because you don't know whether the
other end supports persistent connections. After that first request, which
handles the negotiation, you'd like to be able to pipeline with worry about the
pipeline being
cut off.

"Carl Kugler" <kugler@us.ibm.com> on 04/27/2001 11:53:53 AM