Re: Logout

From: Dave Kristol <dmk@bell-labs.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 14:52:43 -0500
To: Douglas Sims <jds@mem.net>
CC: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
Douglas Sims wrote:
> [...]
> As to your question though, with cookies it's easy enough to just set a cookie with
> the same name but a different value.  The new cookie will wipe out the old cookie.

Yes, that solves the problem from the server's perspective, assuming an
application provides that capability.

But if I'm using a public access machine and I want to ensure that that machine
has removed all the cookies I might have received (including those that might
have been used for personalized services and/or authentication), *I* have no
direct way to do so.

Dave Kristol