RE: Thanks Re Caching Problem

For MSIE there is reason to believe that the browser will cache documents with: "Cache-Control: no-cache", since MSIE's feature "Work Offline". Maybe that "must-revalidate" is never cached by the browser, since commercial banners usually asked to be retreived from the server when working offline.
It is possible that objects are not retreived from cache when working offline is disabled.

To validate this, you should search of ask Microsoft.

And indeed Roy seems to be right. A HTTP/1.1 proxy/server should not serve requests for HTTP/2.0 or later clients, but may do it for a HTTP/1.9 or HTTP/1.10 request according to the HTTP/1.1 RFC. This is outlined in the RFC. This is one failure of the MS-IIS, that serves HTTP/2.0 or later requests, even though it is only a HTTP/1.1 server. Netscape doesn't do this...
Protocol changes that are not compatible with HTTP/1.x should be HTTP/2.0 and not HTTP/1.2 (or any)...

- Joris