RE: Of HTTP/1.1 persistent connections and TCP Keepalive timers

From: Joris Dobbelsteen <joris.dobbelsteen@mail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 18:01:08 +0100
To: "WWW WG (E-mail)" <http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com>

Some servers can close a connection after sending dynamic content because of security resons. (or because they are bad implementations.)

As for POST, if a server responds (except the 1xx status codes), the request must have ended. At least, this is the most logic thing for me. Also I don't know how to send a POST request without using content-length or chunked encoding and having the server knowning absolutely sure that request has ended.

- Joris