Re: Of HTTP/1.1 persistent connections and TCP Keepalive timers

From: Ruslan Belkin <ruslan@netscape.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 15:16:25 -0800
To: Julien Pierre <jpierre@netscape.com>
CC: James Lacey <James.Lacey@Motorola.com>, Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM <kugler@us.ibm.com>, Fred Bohle <fbohle@neonsys.com>, James Lacey <James_Lacey-CJL023@email.mot.com>, http-wg <http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Julien Pierre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> James Lacey wrote:
>
> > Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM wrote:
> >
> > > I stand corrected.  But then, why was Content-Length added in HTTP/1.0 and
> > > Tranfer-Encoding: chunked in HTTP/1.1?
> >
> I have found that HTTP clients typically break if the server tries to respond too
> early to a request, before it is complete. For example, this can happen with a

that's cuz the right thing to do would be to send expect continue along with POST
then wait for continue then send the data. But many servers are broken 2 with respect
to this,

Ruslan