RE: Conformance Test for HTTP 1.1

From: Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM <kugler@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 10:42:26 -0600
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Cc: Miles Sabin <msabin@cromwellmedia.co.uk>, http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com

Once you have all the pieces for a server, building a client is easy, IMO.
For something driven by scripts, with no GUI, etc, no need to actually
render HTML or graphics, pretty straightforward.  I have done some of this
for test IPP implementations (IPP uses HTTP as its transfer protocol, so
some of the tests I wrote were HTTP specific).  But I used my own HTTP
classes at the time.  The main thing you need is the HTTP parser, which is
pretty much the same on server and client sides.

     -Carl

Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org> on 10/06/2000 10:29:54 AM