RE: Conformance Test for HTTP 1.1

From: Miles Sabin <msabin@cromwellmedia.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 10:24:14 +0100
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
Mark Nottingham wrote,
> I've lately been considering starting discussion of
> development of something within the W3C, as it was involved
> in the development of the HTTP, and has an established
> history of developing similar tools (although I'm not sure if
> W3C can formally commit resources).
>
> If anyone has any thoughts about this, please share them,
> because I'd like to get this moving.

This sounds like a fine idea (tho', as you say, it's an open
question whether or not the W3C would be able to commit
resources).

Do you have any particular emphasis in mind: server, clients,
or proxies, or all equal weight on all?

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                       Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect        5/6 Glenthorne Mews