Re: HTTP image transfer

"Pascal FOURGUET" <pascal.fourguet@leroy-autom.com> wrote:
  > I'm trying to implement an HTTP server but  I can not find in the RFCs
  > any mention of how the images in an HTML document are transmitted.
  > Anyone can help me ?
  > How are embedded images transmitted?

The client requests the top-level page (HTML document), which is a
"container document" that includes links to embedded images.  After it
receives the response, the client then makes new requests for each of
the embedded images.

The server doesn't have to know that the top-level page has embedded
images.  It just receives requests, one by one, for the embedded
images, which it then has to satisfy.

Dave Kristol