HTTP_REFERER

From: Anupama Devi <anupamadevi@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 20:40:40 GMT
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
Hi all

I have created a filter which reads the HTTP_REFERER field and writes it to
database.
As far as I know HTTP_REFERER is the server name where the current web page
is hosted.
If I am asking for a page on my web server from a remote client ,
( i.e ,I don't have any web page in my browser and just typed the URL),it is
giving the server name as Referer .
Can anyone help me in this regard?Any usesful links are there for this?

Thanks in advance.

Anupama