Last Call on delta encoding in HTTP/1.1

From: Balachander Krishnamurthy <bala@research.att.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 19:25:10 -0500
To: http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Cc: bala@research.att.com

Folks,

As some of you know, we have been pushing addition of a delta encoding
mechanism for http/1.1. The early paper on this was in SIGCOMM'97

	Potential benefits of delta encoding and data compression for HTTP
	    http://www.research.att.com/~bala/papers/sigcomm97.ps.gz

3 ID's have been written and recently revised:

    Delta encoding in HTTP:
	    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mogul-http-delta-03.txt

    Instance Digests in HTTP:
	    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mogul-http-digest-02.txt

    The VCDIFF Generic Differencing and Compression Data Format
	    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-korn-vcdiff-01.txt

This message constitutes the last call before we ask the IESG to consider
this as a Proposed Standard. If you have any concerns/questions, please send
me email.

cheers,
bala

balachander krishnamurthy, at&t labs--research
www.research.att.com/~bala/papers