RE: Browser support for request pipelining

From: Miles Sabin <msabin@cromwellmedia.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:58:17 -0000
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
Patrik Winroth,
> <snip/>

Thanks, but as far as I can see you're talking about what
RFC 2616 call persistent connections.

Request pipelining presupposes a persistent connection, but
adds the following: subsequent requests are be sent before the
corresponding responses are received, ie. instead of,

  Request1
           Response1
  Request2
           Response2
  Request3
           Response3

we could have,

  Request1
  Request2
  Request3
           Response1
           Response2
           Response3

(although, clearly, if there are many requests we might expect
the request stream to partially overlap the response stream).

So, does anyone have any info on browser support for pipelining?

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                       Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect        5/6 Glenthorne Mews