From: Larry Masinter <lmm@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 09:20:24 PST
To: "George W. Leach" <gwleach@gte.net>
Cc: "HTTP Working Group" <http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, <gopalk@microsoft.com>

might lead you to believe that it is a work item of the HTTP working
group, but it is not; the HTTP working group is scheduled to close as
soon as is possible, and is accepting no new work.

As far as I can remember, SOAP has never been discussed by the HTTP
working group or any other IETF working group list (not even applcore,
where it might otherwise belong), although I think I did hear it
muttered in the hallways in DC.