simple http-proxy ?

From: Vinit Kumar <kumar_vinit@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 07:19:17 PDT
To: http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com

I am developing a http proxy server , where I need to just filter the
requests based on the URL's accessed and forward the request to the origin

With the kind of limited resources my proxy server would be executing, I
want to make it a very simple one.  Do I need to implement the whole http
protocol for proxy as per RFC2616 or can I just look at he URL and forward
the request as it is to the server?

Could somebody point me to a resources , which might help me in writing a
simple http proxy server with URL filtering support??

Thanks in advance,

Vinit Kumar