From: Rohit Khare <rohit@uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 03:36:27 -0700
To: S Manikandan <sm39208@icil.co.in>
Cc: "'http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com'" <http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com>
draft-ietf-tls-http-upgrade-02 contains the first IETF
standards-track definition of the CONNECT method for generic TCP
tunnel establishment. It should be appearing at IETF-wide last call
any day now.

Don't worry, the definition is functionally identical to Ari
Luotenen's  original I-D proposals, as already widely implemented.
The trick with our new draft, though, is that you CONNECT to port
*80*, then use Upgrade:, rather than 443...

Rohit Khare