Semantics of chunk-exts?

From: John Stracke <francis@ecal.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:51:14 +0000
To: http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com
I'm implementing Transfer-Encoding: chunked, and I'm trying to
figure out what to do if I get a chunk-ext I don't understand
(which is to say, any chunk-ext, since RFC-2068 doesn't define
any).  Currently I ignore it and log a warning, on the theory
that any future extension should be backwards compatible--but
2068 is silent on whether I can expect compatibility, and I'm not
sure what kind of compatible extensions might make sense anyway.
Any advice?

--
|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |