Resend: Re: IPP> Chunked POST: SUMMARY

From: <kugler@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 00:18:26 GMT
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com, ipp@pwg.org

To the HTTP WG from the IPP WG:

I've tried to post this twice before, but it never makes it into the
archives at

http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/

or

http://www.findmail.com/listsaver/http-wg/

The IPP WG would really like clarification on this point:  Is the intent of
the HTTP/1.1 spec to say that an HTTP/1.1 server MAY reject any request
without a defined Content-Length?  This would imply that a conformant
HTTP/1.1 server MAY reject any request with the "chunked" transfer-coding.

     -Carl Kugler

---------------------- Forwarded by Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM on 01/12/99

Carl Kugler
01/07/99 08:27 AM