Re: HTTP 1.1 issue 11: 10.3.7 307 Temporary Redirect (ROSS11)

From: Jim Gettys <jg@pa.dec.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:06:17 -0800
To: Ross Patterson <ROSSP@SS1.Reston.VMD.Sterling.COM>
Cc: http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com

> In section 10.3.7 "307 Temporary Redirect", the "SHOULD contain a short
> hypertext note" requirement is stated twice in this section, in the
> second paragraph and at the bottom. One of them should be deleted.

I'll rewrite the second paragraph to be:

"The temporary URI SHOULD be given by the Location field in the response.
Unless the request method was HEAD, the entity of the response SHOULD contain
a short hypertext note with a hyperlink to the new URI(s), since many
pre-HTTP/1.1 user agents do not understand the 307 status.  Therefore,
the note SHOULD contain the information necessary for a user to repeat
the original request on the new URI."

And delete the last paragraph of the section.
				- Jim