From: Ross Patterson <RossP@SS1.Reston.VMD.Sterling.Com>
To: http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 98 18:38:00 EDT
Subject: HTTP 1.1 rev 5 issues under separate cover

As part of an evaluation of the impacts of HTTP 1.1 for my company's
VM:Webgateway product, I've been working on locating and summarizing all
the MUST/MAY/SHOULD requirements in the current level of the spec
(draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-05). In the process, I've found a number
of issues that I believe warrant consideration and possibly action.
Some are just editorial, but some aren't.  In my opinion none of them
should stand in the way of standards advancement.

I'm sending each issue as a separate note following this one, as an aid
to folks like me who read mail by threads.

Ross Patterson
VM Software Division
Sterling Software, Inc.