Fwd: http issue "AUTHVSPROXY" not quite closed

From: Jim Gettys <jg@pa.dec.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 11:03:39 -0800
To: http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com
Nit by private mail; since we are so far down stream, I'd like it
in the archives.
			- Jim

attached mail follows:

  Hi Jim,

I sent you a mail about this a couple months back, but I think I got it
slightly wrong. In the issue list "AUTHVSPROXY" actually has two things,
the second of which has been done. The first, however, still needs doing:

[Gisle wrote:]
> Is there a good reason why WWW-Authenticate can have multiple
> challenges while Proxy-Authenticate can't?
>
> draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-03:
>
> >         Proxy-Authenticate  = "Proxy-Authenticate" ":" challenge
> >         WWW-Authenticate  = "WWW-Authenticate" ":" 1#challenge

[Paul rsponded:]
> none. Just forgot to update the one when I was updating the other.  I'll
> fix it in the next draft.

But since it's in the http spec, not the auth spec, section 14.33 of
draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-05 still has the old Proxy-Authenticate
syntax and needs to be changed to

      Proxy-Authenticate  = "Proxy-Authenticate" ":" 1#challenge

  Cheers,

  Ronald