question about implied LWS

From: Paul Leach <paulle@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 19:45:22 -0700
To: "'Roy T. Fielding'" <fielding@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Cc: http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com, Chris Newman <Chris.Newman@innosoft.com>, "Jim Gettys (E-mail)" <jg@w3.org>
Section 2.2 on "basic rules" says:

implied *LWS
The grammar described by this specification is word-based. Except where
noted otherwise, linear white space (LWS) can be included between any two
adjacent words (token or quoted-string), and between adjacent tokens and
separators, without changing the interpretation of a field. At least one
delimiter (LWS and/or separators) MUST exist between any two tokens (for the
definition of "token" below), since they would otherwise be interpreted as a
single token.

This seems to say that LWS is not allowed between adjacent quoted-strings.
Was that intended? I assume not, but I could be wrong.

If not, I think it would be clearer to add the following production to the
basic rules
	word = token | quoted-string | separator
and then change the section on implied LWS to say

implied *LWS
The grammar described by this specification is word-based. Except where
noted otherwise, linear white space (LWS) can be included between any two
adjacent words (see below for the definition of "word") without changing the
interpretation of a field. At least one delimiter (LWS and/or separators)
MUST exist between any two tokens (for the definition of "token" below),
since they would otherwise be interpreted as a single token.

Paul