RE: Full URL if Proxy ?

Sounds more like a quirk than a bug. Since "~wendy" is not followed by a
"/", the browser thinks it has received the page "~wendy" in the root
directory. That is why "subdir/hello.html" looks like it sits under the root
directory, not your "~wendy" subdirectory.

I've seen some servers respond to the request for "~wendy" with a 301
redirecting to "~wendy/" just to make clear that you're getting the default
document for that subdirectory. I don't see that as a requirement, but
others can correct that assumption.

-Rob Polansky