Re: authentication-02: threat of snooped password

From: Scott Lawrence <lawrence@agranat.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 20:52:10 +0000
To: Paul Leach <paulle@microsoft.com>
Cc: 'Dave Kristol' <dmk@research.bell-labs.com>, http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com
I think that your proposed text is fine, and much better than what is in the
02 draft except for the last sentence:

> The owner or
> administrator of such a system could conceivably incur liability if this
> information is not maintained in a secure fashion.

We are engineers, not lawyers - I'm not really comfortable with expressing
something that looks like a legal opinion.  It works well without it.

--
Scott Lawrence           Consulting Engineer      <lawrence@agranat.com>
Agranat Systems, Inc.  Embedded Web Technology   http://www.agranat.com/