Re: Authentication issue CNONCE: Proposed resolution

Paul Leach wrote:

> How about -- if auth= or auth-int= are specified, cnonce= is required and
> MUST be a value never used before by the client?

I concur with the first part.  Is the second part a requirement on the
client, to avoid sending; on the server, to reject if it sees a
duplicate; or both?  I oppose a MUST requirement on the server to reject
a set of credentials that includes a cnonce value that it had seen
before.

BTW, if this is a requirement on the client, is this a prohibition
against sending the same cnonce value to different servers?

Dave Kristol