Re: ISSUE: Expect Header Field Problem

From: Scott Lawrence <lawrence@agranat.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 16:31:04 +0000
To: "David W. Morris" <dwm@xpasc.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com>
David W. Morris wrote:

> [...] Whether or not a server implements the new CGI
> specification, it must ensure that what it returns as an HTTP/1.1
> response is infact a HTTP/1.1 response.

And the spec does that now - it does not make any special allowance for
the response is labelled HTTP/1.1 then the spec makes certain requirements
of it.  What more is needed than that?  When we say MUST, we don't need to
then provide a list of circumstances under which the MUST still applies -
unless we allow for exceptions, there are none.

--
Scott Lawrence           Consulting Engineer      <lawrence@agranat.com>
Agranat Systems, Inc.  Embedded Web Technology   http://www.agranat.com/