Re: Fwd: A suggestion for correction on HTTP/1.1 draft

From: David W. Morris <dwm@xpasc.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 22:14:20 -0700 (PDT)
To: Jim Gettys <jg@pa.dec.com>
Cc: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com, http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Jim Gettys wrote:

> For some reason, Ravi had trouble posting this.
> 			- Jim

And for some reason, my mail program refuses to quote attachments ...

Anyway, I would note that destination server would be a good english
term for PUT as well.

But I think that the phrase origin server has a meaning in the
specification beyond direction of the transaction data and is used
in contrast to proxies, etc.  Understood to be one end-point of the
logical transaction where the response originates. Hence I'd vote for
removing destination server and using origin server.

Dave Morris