New issue: DISPOSITION_EDIT

From: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 19:19:41 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Koen Holtman <koen@win.tue.nl>
Cc: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com, jg@w3.org

I just noticed that half of a sentence disappeared in section 19.5.1
(Content-Disposition) of draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-0[23].txt.

My original draft
(http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/1997q2/0151.html) and
revision 01 had:

   If this header is used in a response with the
   application/octet-stream content-type, the implied suggestion is
   that the user agent should not display the response, but directly
   enter a `save response as..' dialog.

Revisions 02 and 03 have:

  The implied suggestion is that the user agent should not display the
  response, but directly enter a `save response as...' dialog.

I guess there has been some type of editorial error.  The original
text is correct, the new text is incorrect as a description of
existing practice.  User agents (at least the ones I tested) will
*not* directly enter a 'save as' dialog if Content-Disposition is
present on, say, a normal text/html response.  The text/html will be
displayed as a normal response and the filename in Content-Disposition
is only used if the user does 'save as' manually.

Koen.