RE: IBM patents tunneling HTTP through another protocal

another example..
I think the product was eventually bought up
by cisco, but it was a tunneling software
package which let HTTP (And maybe tcp/ip in general)
run over Novell IPX/SPX.  It was inteded for networks
and desktops which are still running Novell networking
stacks instead of TCP/IP.

Another which has been mentioned is the tunneling
of TCP type stuff over VTAM and SNA networks.
A related (but inverted) protocol is from IBM
as well, DLS and DLSw, which tunnel the
SNA family (LU62, APPC/APPN) over IP router
networks.
This also improves performance by providing
a routed architecture instead of bridged
WAN architectures previously available.

josh
----
Josh Cohen <josh@microsoft.com>