Re: IBM patents tunneling HTTP through another protocal

From: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 18:53:20 +0100 (BST)
To: Jim Gettys <jg@pa.dec.com>
Cc: "David W. Morris" <dwm@xpasc.com>, http working group <http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com>, http-wg@hplb.hpl.hp.com, andy norman <ange@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
There is rather more direct prior art here than that being alluded to-
more specifically the HTTP over SCP work performed by myself and Andy
Norman of Hewlett Packard in which was presented a long time before the
filing date (even at W3 Boston on two stages simultaneously :-)

TO make matters worse, the claimed inventors are from IBM RTP. I'm going
to try and find out what they're actually claiming.

Simon

Now available - The Freddy Hayek Kayak            | "Pass me another elf
Paddle Your Own Canoe! Be Rowed To Surfdom!       | Sergeant- this one's
From The Taco Institute for Dyslexic Libertarians | split"
  Moments ago I had everything. Now, there's a cow in my nose - La Salla