outstanding issues: what's happening?

From: Dave Kristol <dmk@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 16:43:38 -0400 (EDT)
To: http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
This mailing list has been pretty quiet.  I posed a bunch of questions
over the past month or so, but I haven't seen resolutions.  I'll
summarize:

1) <http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/1998q2/0031.html>

(Digest)
a) No definition for non-terminal request-digest.
b) In Authorization, the client can omit cnonce=.  If qop=auth-int
and cnonce is omitted, should Authentication-Info in the server's
response say 'cnonce=""', or should cnonce be omitted there, too?

2) <http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/1998q2/0035.html>

Recommending that the (Digest) nonce include Etag seems like a bad
idea -- it makes the nonce non-reusable for other entities.

3) <http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/1998q2/0040.html>

(Digest) In a response that sends multipart/byteranges, does the
digest-uri-value of A2 digest the MIME headers and separators?

4) <http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/1998q2/0069.html>

I think allowing TE: identity; q=0 is a bad idea.  I think "identity"
should always be allowed.

Dave Kristol