Re: comments on draft-ietf-http-authentication-01.txt

>> From: 	Ronald.Tschalaer@psi.ch[SMTP:Ronald.Tschalaer@psi.ch]

>> Also, sending the Authorization header unnecessarily is likely to reduce
>> the cachability of many pages, thereby further increasing the traffic
>> (how many responses currently contain the cache-control directive s-maxage
>> or public? How quickly will this change?).

PL> It is worth adding a note that origin servers that receive requests with
PL> Authorization headers when authorization is not needed SHOULD send back
PL> explicit cache-control directives to allow the page to be cached.

  Our server always sends a cache-control header to any 1.1 request so
  that it is explicit.

  The really interesting question (from our perspective) is 'how soon
  will the proxies and clients use it'?

--
Scott Lawrence           EmWeb Embedded Server       <lawrence@agranat.com>
Agranat Systems, Inc.        Engineering            http://www.agranat.com/