Re: Rigorously defining the interaction of conditional headers

At the risk of saying the obvious, Roy Fielding's remarks about
conditional headers in

<http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/1998q1/0434.html>

propose a different algorithm from what Jeff Mogul and I hammered
out based on the current specification:

<http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/hypermail/1998q1/0431.html>

I don't know which is the better answer, but, as an implementer, I find
myself stuck, uncertain about what exactly I should implement.  Since I
haven't seen any clarifying noise on http-wg, I would feel better if
someone said (on the list) that they were working behind the scenes to
resolve the discrepancy.

Dave Kristol