experimental status code

From: Josh Cohen <joshco@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 15:37:07 -0800
To: "'http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com'" <http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com>

 We're looking to implement something along the lines of the
or server provoked client retry that I've been going on about on the

We intend to publish it as an experimental track document.

I spoke with some of the editors this morning, and have read through

Being that there isnt an active IANA registry yet, and we need
a response code number, we'd like to pick one and move forward.

According to schulzrinne, x00-x49 are HTTP managed for http stuff.
Since this is a potential http extension, I think it can fit into
that definition.

What I propose is that
 we will use 449 as a response code.
 So, in the absence of a IANA registry, I would like to announce our use
 of 449.

Josh Cohen <josh@microsoft.com>
Program Manager IE - Networking Protocols